Saturday, October 12, 2013

Phoebe turns Five!!

We stopped on Friday afternoon to take time to celebrate Phoebe's 5th birthday.

It was so nice just a few family members (even honorary ones Fiona & Caleb!!) sitting about, cousins and sisters playing together. No party stress or expectations. I really enjoyed it.

I feel a little emotional about my little girl entering this next stage of her life. The last of my babies are off into the big world to be under complete influence of schooling joys and challenges.
She is SO ready. She WANTS this.

I am just super proud to have got through the last couple of years to witness her starting school. What a privilege. Two years ago a year ago I was still wondering if I needed to start writing future letters to leave to my girls. It used to break my heart............the potential planning. It still may be needed, I know that. But this year has been so wonderful not thinking too far ahead.

So we had company, chatting, laughter, junk food, lots more chatter and simple fun. I really enjoyed it. Here are a few snaps from the day.





 A "Moshi Monster Treehouse" My Phoebe loves the online moster creatures!!


Afternoon tea turned into fish n chips on the lounge floor and more drinkies and chats until bed. It was so nice to share the day with everyone.
Phoebe was one very happy girl.

Although the animals were left wondering where there share of the festivities were.

Love you enormously Phoebe. Your preschool family, own and extended family all love you. I believe your soon to be school family will feel much the same way.

Mum & Dad, sisters, dog and puss.
xx

5 comments:

  1. Lovely,lovely day - thank you.
    There are some more pics here :)
    http://fourpawsandwhiskers.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/phoebes-celebration.html
    She is certainly ready for the next step - well done to you both.
    much love
    Fi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to celebrate such a special day. It was The Family's Catriona's fifth birthday that brought me back to New Zealand and the rest is history. May you all celebrate many many more birthdays together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday beautiful Phoebe! Wishing you many many fun and happy school days gorgeous girl! Can't wait to have a big 5 year old cuddle from you! Looks like you had a wonderful 5th birthday with family and friends! I love your cake and the teddy cars Caitlin made you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♥ Yay for the next chapter..being a school mum. No preschoolers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday phoebe looks like it was a great day and monday is going to be even more fun xxx uncle luke in melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! I love your feedback :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...