Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Can I ask you all a favour?

I've got a big week this week. Two hospital appointments. One for an Brain MRI an the other with my Opthamologist to reassess my eyes after my most recent surgical procedure.

I feel ok about it all. I know it needs to be done. But of course it still brings up bubbling emotions and 'what if questions' about my future.

I'm also feeling more recovered from the latest surgery. It was a month ago today.

There are still issues and I think the fluid levels in my head are still not quite right as I feel a little off balance, slight head pressure and fuzzy eyes. But it is so much better than it was.
I dont know the effects that anasthetic has on the body but I'm sure it takes a while to recover from that as well. (I stopped any online research a LONG time ago. Too many horror stories and dread on there for me to cope with!!).

Once again the Spiriulina and Antioxident supplements are helping get me through. Wonderful stuff.
Unfortunately, I have also been on steroids which have unpleasant side effects; insomnia, crazy hunger, anxiety, weight gain, round face, acne (the list goes on and on). But I am this week weaning myself off them. Yippee!
Hopefully the symptoms don't return so I can remain off them for a loooong time.

So anyway, the favour I mentioned I mentioned in my title. I hate asking for help. I'm terrible at it. Up until this diagnosis of my brain tumour I was an independent person in control of my life and family. I liked it that way too.
But I have had to do it and accept it a huge amount this year. I am extremely grateful for the help we have received too!!

I'm not very religious, but I am a spiritual person. I believe in the power of prayer and collective love and positivitiy. So will you help me out???

Tomorrow; Wednesday is my MRI. Can you send me some prayer and positive thought?? I won't have anything to report. They just do the scan and then I'll have to wait few weeks for a follow up appointment to discuss results, but no matter.
You never know, it may help. It certainly helps knowing my friends, family and readers are out there.

It lifts me and keeps me going.
If nothing else, that is more than enough.

Cheers friends
Jaz xx

12 comments:

  1. I'm sure you know that I would have been praying for you regardless of the post :-)

    But thanks for letting us know as its really good to have the details for really targeted, directed prayer for specifics. I know without a shadow of a doubt there is power in prayer...and the Bible says 'when 2 or 3 are gathered in His name..' and that doesn't have to mean physically gathered, we can as individuals be separately praying from the length and breadth of the country and it still counts!

    Big hugs to you precious gal xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have shown such spirit and determination in your fight back to health. Such an inspiring woman, no make that such an inspiring family. How could I do anything but pray for your return to health?
    All the best x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck yes!! I'm a big believer in the power of prayer, and I WILL be praying for you my friend.

    Hugs and love to you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaz, hardly ever has a day passed since I've known you without me thinking positive thoughts for you. I have no belief in a deity but I know in my heart that positive thoughts assist positive outcomes. Nor am I alone. Amongst my friends who follow your progress, who doesn't live in Blogland but simply visits (and never comment) is Anna. I have been asked to tell you that you are in her prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of positive thoughts coming your way. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking and praying! and for me those two are pretty much mixed up most of the time

    '... for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.' (said by Jesus in Matthew 6:8)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you and your gorgeous family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jaz I was thinking of you yesterday and praying for you while I was making bread and I was reminded of a verse in the Bible. I think sometimes God gives us these little shafts of his light and love to share and I hope it will be of encouragement to you. Thanks for sharing your journey with such honesty and beauty. Praying for you and your gorgeous family. Miriam
    'Listen to me...you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth.Even to your old age and grey hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.' Isaiah 46 v 3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Missed this post Jaz but I have been praying for you for over a year now and will continue to do so! I don't do it "religiously" either :) its sparadic but powerful! There have been nights often where I'm woken in the middle of the night and you,mark and the kids are on my heart.
    You are loved girl! By someone far greater than all of us who wants to use your life for the awesome purpose he created it for. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jasmine, I think I have said before, what a privilege it feels to have met you. You were a delight to meet and get a glimpse of who you are and your beautiful family and i mean that in an inner sense as well. I also believe in the power of prayer and walk a walk with our creator Papa God...I am praying for you and your family. Know too, that you are an inspiration and a blessing to me. I love to read of the gorgeous things you do and take delight in also....x Mel Mein

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! I love your feedback :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...