Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Faces of a decade....


On this day, 10 years ago, I had laboured for most of the night before and was snuggling up to my first baby girl. What an absolute trip!!!!
I remember being in shock, sleep deprived, sore and overwhelmed but so very much in love. I couldn't stop staring at her, in awe at finally meeting her. I had chatted to her often over the past nine months but it certainly was better face to face!!
I'll never forget Mark's face. Smitten is the word that comes to mind. I think maybe more in love with her than I. In fact as soon as she was born he had whisked her away to introduce her to the entire hospital and I hadn't even had
a decent cuddle yet!!!!!!!!!!!






I had intended to choose ten shots for her ten years, but struggled to narrow it down. Here are a few for you to enjoy.
Milk drunk.

Certified basket case!!

Fun to holiday with.

Curious.........and experimental.

She'll never support the Blues....

Damn cute!!!!

Cheeky.....

A sister to Molly.

A reliable source of Christmas cheer.

School girl.

Flower girl for Aunty Hayley and Uncle Ben.

Loving sister and cousin.

A doting sister to Phoebe.

A good friend.

Nature lover :-)
ps Uncle Luke's cell by the way!!!

A decade of parenting scares us a little. We hope we haven't caused to much damage :-)

To describe Caitlin in a nutshell: bubbly, happy, vivacious, loving , creative with boundless energy. Mark and I can't believe we made something so gorgeous for the world.

So we celebrated tonight as a family at the Takapuna 'Lonestar' The kids were so full they fell straight to sleep as they hit their pillows.
Can't be going out on the town without a bit of rock n' rolling!

Happy Birthday Caitlin!!!!!!
xx

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you both for being great parents - Caitlin - you are lovely.
    Best wishes for the next 10 years :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! I love your feedback :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...